Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My son idolizes Byron Grimes . . .

With all this muckity-muck out there about people hating Byron Grimes, I thought I should put in something about the fondness my 5-year-old son has for Byron. You may or may not know that Byron is a taxi driver for a local taxi service here in our area. Something about this profession struck a chord deep in my son's soul. (You see, Aidan has a deep love and knowledge of cars, a passion he has had since around 18 months of age.) Sometimes Aidan will be playing with his hot wheels cars here at home, particularly the taxi hot wheels car, and he'll call that playing, "Byron." Also anytime we pass a taxi around town he looks closely to see if it's Byron, whether it's the company Byron works for or not. At church, he gets so exctied when we see Byron as though he were the ice cream man or something. So to hate Byron is to tear down my child's idol. Please, people, think twice. Think twice.

4 Comments:

Blogger shawanda said...

WOW!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I will still blame him eternally for disk golf.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Byron is completely off the hated list because I got my answer about Smallville and Superman. I do suspect however that Byron is sitting back chuckling over having all of this superior knowledge and only leaking it out to the rest of us occassionally. and then only to get us addicted to things like disk golf (whatever that is).

8:00 PM  
Blogger byronfrombyron said...

I am just a man, and my knowledge merely different than yours, though I do have to chuckle sometimes. As to something new to get addicted to: try Yohoho Puzzle Pirates or Kingdom of Loathing. Rob can attest to the humor value of KoL.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home