Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Yeah, we're CCH alum . . . jealous?

I wanted to just write about our recent experiences at the newly improved Campus House (for those of you fellow CCH alum) but it appears I've been tagged by Shawanda, so I'll first respond to: "5 Reasons I am a Dork."

1.) I really do have a secret dream of starting a Pat Benatar/The Pretenders cover band. (Supremely dorky, says my husband.)

2.) After neatly folding and putting away the towels in my linen closet, I open and close the closet door several times just to see the neat stacks of towels I have created.

3.) My 5-yr.-old son knows more state capitals than I do.

4.) I occasionally tap dance in my kitchen, all in the name of "a good workout."

5.) I have danced with reckless abandon to musical themes from Bob the Builder, Rescue Heroes, The Backyardigans, and The Wiggles.

I'm not sure else to tag, so I'll just tag my husband for now. This outta be good, Henry!

Now on to CCH stuff . . .

Josh and I went down to Charleston a few Saturdays ago to help with a work day on the new building. Josh helped move book shelves out of Roger's office, shovel some rock, and help remodel that nasty men's bathroom in the old basement. He said he never thought he would be helping to clean it, let alone remodeling it!

Danah and I painted the new conference room. Roger gave me a few painting tips . . . which felt much like the instructions he used to give about who could touch the Cov House thermostat and when. Yeah, no pressure there. I became nervous after he used the phrase "no tolerance policy" in his instructions. I think we did a good job, though. The work day was made fun for us by watching Bill Whitsman's feats of athleticism on the furniture-moving carts. Also, Bill tried to sell us a pop-up camper throughout the day, which was also a little interesting.

We stopped by this weekend, too, and can say that things are really looking great! Some carpeting had been layed and most of the painting seemed to be done. It's pretty excting. I stared at the empty gravel space where Cov House used to be . . . a little strange. But man that new "sanctuary" is very cool.

We heards while in Charleston that a Charleston landmark, meaningful to us had closed . . .E.L. Krackers. Awww. Josh and I got engaged there and had been meaning to go there again someday for sentimental sake. Too bad.

So that was our day at the new CCH.

2 Comments:

Blogger shawanda said...

Thanks Steph for taking the time to respond to my tag. And I was right - loved all 5 reasons. In fact, two of them I find myself relating to.

Reason #2 - I find myself constantly looking behind me at the wall planner I just updated. I am admiring the way it all looks so neat, organized, and color coordinated.

Reason #4 - Though I do not tap dance, I do find myself shaking my money maker (and doing the Twizzle) in the living room for no apparent reason. I also tell myself that it's really not that dorky because I'm getting good exercise in the process.

1:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why oh why would one need to say "no tolerance policy" about painting? Unless you were proposing painting the floor or your own bodies. Were you doing that.

I'm always so comforted to know that Roger had my memories torn down for a parking lot. a gravel parking lot at that.

Krackers closed? I'm going to have to get my mom on this. I didn't know that.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home