Friday, July 15, 2005

Cultural Phenomenon . . .

Last week, in a conversation with my dear spouse, I make reference to the "Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man" or Peter Vinckman or something. He asks, "What's that?" Come to find out, my husband has never seen "Ghostbusters." Ever. Whaaaattt?? How did he make it this long in his life without ever seeing Ghostbusters? I let no time go to waste before I got on the horn and found a neighbor who owns G.B's on DVD. Needless to say, Josh has now seen Ghosbusters. Yes, another cultural phenomenon has been solved. I will fill my husband's head with the stuff of pop culture, I will!!!! (fade to evil laughter . . .)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How can you miss Ghostbusters? Wasn't it on tv like 5 million times on TBS, TNT, and other networks of the like? Thank you steph for stamping out this kind of nonsense. Now get on the case with Tammy.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Steph H. said...

The more I've thought about it . . .I'm not sure I can think of any real cultural sigificance to having or having not seen Ghostbuster. I mean my husband was raised up watching the Andy Griffith Show . . . I think he knows all he needs to know about culture.

3:17 PM  
Blogger shawanda said...

All of you guys are nuts!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I don't get it. I've seen Ghostbusters probably 10 times just in the past two months. (no joke)

So sad.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home