Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Interview with a 4-yr-old . . .

Today I've invited my 4- (almost 5) year-old son, Aidan, to a little interview for all the bloggers to read, Here goes :

Mom: Aidan, how are you today?

Aidan: Very good.

Mom: What can you tell me about computers?

Aidan: I already know about computers. They have electricity. And don't they have powers?

Mom: What do you do with a computer?

Aidan: Type, work, checking your email, learning about space, looking in at Nick Jr. . . all kinds of stuff.

Mom: Today's a very rainy day. How do you feel about rainy days?

Aidan: Sad.

Mom: hmmmm. . . Why sad, son?

Aidan: Cuz' I like to go outside.

Mom: What do you do outside?

Aidan: I like to swing, and I like a picnic. Nothing else.

Mom: Tell us what kind of books you like to read . . . you know, your favorites.

Aidan: I know my favorites and I like when Dad tells me a story . . .Hinckel Mendel. (Note: Hinckel Mendel is an ongoing fictional story, created by Josh for Aidan, about asimple man who lives a simple . . . goes to work, wears khakis, and lives in an apartment.) Once Dad told me a story about how Hinckel Mendel's furnace broke. It was cold in his apartment. They tried a new furnace.

Mom: What is your favorite book, though?

Aidan: Swiss Family Robinson, I said.

Mom: Do you have any thoughts about you upcoming stint in Kindergarten?

Aidan: I'm "relucted" about it. (Upon further questioning, I find "relucted" just means that he's not real sure about it yet.)

Mom: Any other thoughts about the big "K?"

Aidan: I like Michael (his Kindergarten teacher . . . and yes, they are supposed to call the teachers by their first names.)

Mom: Anything else on you mind that you would like to share with our readers?

Aidan: What readers?

Mom: Well, our friends reading my blog.

Aidan: Who are the friends?

Mom: Didn't your agent explain all this before he sent you over for the interview? Any ways, do you have anything else to talk about?

Aidan: Yes. I saw a puppy. . . PUPPY (giggle, giggle)

Mom: Right, then. Thanks for taking . . . (interruption)

Aidan: No, no erase all that.

Mom: No can do. All that puppy talk was on the record, pal. How about a final goodbye?

Aidan: I don't want to say goodbye.

Mom: All right, we'll leave it like that then. Stay tuned for an interview with Liam . . . to be broadcast when he begins speakg cipherable words!

2 Comments:

Blogger shawanda said...

This is by far the Best interview I have ever read! I can't wait for the next installment.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Steph H. said...

you kids can come a'crashin' anytime. In fact Josh's big "3-0" birthday is coming up on July 26th. It'd be great to do have some sort of shin-dig around that time. Maybe all you boys should have another gaming night at our house. He would dig that soooo much, as a birthday treat.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home