Thursday, May 05, 2005

Hey, I need those hands . . .

So I spent the entire day trying to figure out how to go through life without using my hands. In a strange turn of events this week, it seems I'm suffering from a little tendinitis and carpal tunnel in both of my arms, wrists, and hands. At the doctor this morning I was gifted with these lovely arm braces that have set my arms into a state of rigamortis. How am I able to type, you ask? Very slowly. I asked my 41/2-yr.-old if I looked like a robot in my gray arm braces. He looked at me thoroughly unimpressed, rolled his eyes and said no. I think I look a little like wolverine from X-men. So I'm just hoping I get use of my hands back before I start my new job on May 16th. Funny thing about the doctor this morning . . . our family doctor has left the area so we've just been seeing whoever's available until we pick a new family doc. I saw a "Dr. Wu," this morning, Dr. Stan Wu to be exact. What's funny about this is that in college I dated a guy who played in a band called, "Dr. Wu - Rock and Soul Revue." Ha! Doesn't the past always come back in some way or the other? I can say, though, Dr. Stan Wu exuded neither rock nor soul, but pleasant bedside manner.

2 Comments:

Blogger shawanda said...

Hey Steph!

I ran across a comment you made to John's blog and thought I would check yours out. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used the braces for the last month of my pregnancy and kept throwing them off and tossing them over my shoulder. Then after I delivered Atticus I kept finding the silly things on his changing table. Obviously the things weren't meant for people with kids. I have one that is especially met to immobilize my thumb- can you imagine anything more absurd?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home