Monday, May 02, 2005

My boy . . .

What a kid. I don't even know where all this personality that pours out of him comes from, but I know I am crazy about this kid. He's almost 5, but he's so smart and funny, and so conversational. He can totally, and quite often, catch me off guard with his humor and genuinally make me laugh. And I love to laugh, I survive off laughing most of the time. So to be blessed with a child that can make me laugh is just such a gift. His hair is orange and generally mussed. His cheeks are often red, for no good reason. When he smiles, it involves every pore, crevice, and freckle on his face. Aidan already loves God and somehow knows things about Him that has taken me all of my 31 years to understand. He constantly refers to Jesus as his "boss" and he gives glory to God in situations where it did not occur to me to thank our Father. Aidan is creative in everything he does. He comes up with the best ideas when we are playing or when he is writing stories or drawing pictures. I love how Aidan, no matter the importance of the event or situation, operates with this amazingly innocent excitement. Having a friend over to play, going outside to water a new plant we have planted, cleaning up so the house so it will be clean for Dad's arrival home from work . . . it all just excites him so much. And the way this kid loves the people in his life . . .He loves his granparents so much. He loves his Dad like crazy and can hardly wait each afternoon for him to walk through the front door. He even loves his drooly little brother who steals toys and only makes strange squawking sounds. My Aidan, my first-born boy, he is such a dear, dear gift to me. I try to tell him everyday that he was given to me as a gift from God. Because that's what he is. He is not just a decision that Josh and I made. Or anything I have a right to have because I am a woman with a working reproductive system. He is a gift from God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home