Monday, April 23, 2007

One week . . .

We're down to a week until we move into our new house. Not a "new" house, but new to us. This whole process has been overwhelming. I hope it's the last time we do this. I think it would take a stern call to sell everything and join the mission field to ever make me move again. There's something about clearing my walls and putting my things I use daily into cardboard boxes that makes feel not-so myself. I'm hoping this isn't a bad sign that I'm too into my stuff. Life feels scattered and messed up. I kind of feel that even though I've carefully labeled all the boxes I've packed, it's like I've already lost all the important stuff. Like, "where is the digital camera card?" I can't say right now, but it's packed somewhere. Where are blank envelopes? Don't know. Where is the play-doh, paint, and paintbrushes? Can't say right now. All this has me feeling a little crazy. My perfect household inventory in my brain is so messed up that it makes me feel a little crazy.

I am looking forward to the adventure of meeting new neighbors, figuring out where I'll grocery shop or rent videos . . . all that comes with getting to know a new town. Just feeling a little overwhelmed today.

I'll try to get out an email with our new address and phone number soon. We'll be in Mahomet, so not too far away.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You will find all your stuff and a whole lot of other stuff that you could swear isn't yours and never was. And then, and this is the worst, you'll get all of your stuff out of the old house and say something crazy to Josh like "I'm just going to pick up the last things and clean the house". The thing about the last things are they are all of the things that you have been avoiding touching for months because you have no idea what to do with them. The loose crayons, the boys favorite sticker book they lost months ago etc. Stuff that probably needs the garbage can but there is something keeping you from it. The fridge magnets, the paperclips, the ink pen lids. I hate this part of moving because my whole being is repulsed by touching those last things. I'd advise against the cleaning too. Its defeating.

But now you are starting to see why we begged people to take our stuff.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home