Friday, January 26, 2007

Big News . . .

So our Aidan, after weeks of constant wigglin', finally lost his first tooth two nights ago. I got the call as I was having dinner with a friend in Bloomington Wednesday night. Man, alive! I don't remember it all being such an ordeal from when I was of tooth-losing-age. (Teeth are weird, you're born with out them, then you grow some, then you lose some, and then you eventually lose them all again. . . mhhhm.) We were daily, hourly, minute-ly, absorbed by the prospect that the tooth could fall out at any time. Josh and I learned patience and constitution as we fought every urge to just reach in and pull the thing out. Watching Aidan pass into this stage of slightly bigger kid-hood has been interesting. I think my kid, who has been a bit squeamish and dramatic at the sight of blood or general pain up to now, really upped his pain tolerance just to see what kind of loot he could get out of the deal. (the loot tally came in at $3 under his pillow the next morning. Hee hee.) And I came out of it all acting like some weirdo, proud Mom. I've had Aidan show everybody his tooth-void, even strangers . . . I don't know why. Oh, by the way, that's him in the photo above . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger bencounter said...

That's so awesome! We love the tooth-losing phase. Elijah lost his first on on the bus. The second one came out when Levi swung a tube of Christmas wrapping paper at Elijah's head and knocked it out clean. It was a pretty funny moment. It's amazing how much these little rites of passage mean to me as a Dad. It makes time seem like it moves toooooo fast.

9:37 PM  
Blogger joy c. said...

I wouldn't have thought it possible for Aiden to be any cuter...but there you go. Ultimate perfection on one face! Kiss up those spicy two from our three nugget monsters. Woohoo!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home