Thursday, January 11, 2007

T-E-A-M . . .

Just thinking of how blessed I am by the people I do life with . . . I mean other than my immediate family. The small group Josh and I are a part of at our church is also the worship planning team. Some weeks we're studying the Word, some weeks we're just catching up and praying for each other, and some weeks we're planning out what our Sunday morning services are going to look like according to what kind of teaching topic we're heading toward. And the heartbeat of the group is to help people see God in the music, drama, art, etc. that we plan. It's such a great group. I get to spend time with some of the most talented and creative people I've ever met. And there's this feeling I get from being around these friends that I can do anything for my God . . . things I would never have dreamed of doing. I think we're cultivating how to care for each other, encourage each other, and spur each other on, just in the exact ways we each need. And I think this helps us on our "creative" planning weeks. There is definitely freedom to be creative and dream. It's just a unique kinda group . . . the first I've been a part of. I was feeling unusually blessed today by it all and wanted to write . . . (By the way , the bottles in the photo was something our group put together during a series at church on the book of Jonah. We sent one of these bottles to every family in our church with a message inside. In the photo they are addressed and ready to sent on their way. Someone sang "Message in A Bottle, by Sting that week too. It's become too much fun when we get to sing Sting in church!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen Magruder said...

did you send glass bottles through the mail?! Is that allowed?? Hmmm....the wheels are turning.....

10:28 PM  
Blogger Gretchen Magruder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Steph H. said...

gretchen, they were very lightweight plastic bottles with corks in the end. The post office had no problem sending them . . . unfortunately ours arrived with no cork, but message still intact.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sting in church. yeah, these are good times.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Steph H. said...

Yes, johnny d, we'll be at the Kevin Moon party! Huzzah!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home