Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter and We're moving . . .

Getting excited for Easter weekend. We don't so much do the bunny and the egg-thing, but I always know that church on Easter Sunday is gonna be a big rockin' party. And that's kind of how I like to celebrate the best stuff. We'll probably get to see some family . . maybe eat something good. Also, in the last three weeks we sold our house and bought a new one (new to us.) It's been a whirlwind. Our house here in Urbana sold in 6 days, which I didn't expect. So riding on the wave of "Whaaahht? Huuhh?" we bought a house in Mahomet. It's a little rural . . . 1/2 acre with well water. But I think we'll be happy there. We pretty much planned our summer out based on Lion's Club pancake breakfasts and Masonic Lodge street BBQ's. We don't get those a lot here in Urbana. The house we bought was built about 20 years ago as a replica to the Ewing House in Williamsburg, VA, so it of course appealed to Josh's history background and my wanting to have a place to live in background. It's really pretty charming, and begging for a big ole cookout in the yard (Hint hint, nudge nudge) So we'll be in by the end of April. Yikes.

So great to see friends at Annual Banquet last weekend! Watching the "our generation" slide show made it seem like only yesterday. Except that my 6-year-old was sitting nearby shaking his head in confusion. Other than that, it seemed like just yesterday. A few things I forgot about . . . I used to wear penny loafers with jean shorts . . . a lot. What? And I wore a "Dumb & Dumber" (the movie) T-shirt when I was baptized at Winter Retreat. Again, What?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

so which board member do i have to know to get in on the slide show action? maybe a dvd?

great on the house by the way. Jonathan and I had to laugh at our last conversation in Feb where we wondered about selling houses in the window and oh, when will it sell? Silly people.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home