Thursday, April 26, 2007

In search of distraction . . .

With only 5 days to go until closing, our deal to sell our house and buy a new one has crumbled . . . by no fault of ours. I had spent the week doing all the last of the packing and all of the changing of addresses and phone numbers, and then without warning a phone call at noon yesterday put the brakes on the whole deal. One of the parties involved had to walk away from the deal and the dominoes started. I am so bewildered. I'm living in a house of brown boxes. And I'm not sure where my mail is going to end up. My kids are currently watching the Weather Channel because we packed all their toys and videos. . . and there isn't anything else nice on cable for them to watch. I don't think I've ever before had directions changed so drastically in my life like this. So I guess the process of listing the house starts all over or something. Sighhh. I was offered a "mental health" day from work to stay home and deal with the news, but I felt like I had to be doing something normal. And now I'm home and I don't know what to do with myself. I can't settle down enough to read a book or play a game with the kids. (they're all packed . . . the games, not the kids.) So this is it. Letting everyone in on how crazy it is around here this week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

OK, you win the last chocolate brownie. "Overwhelmed" seems to be the theme for the week.

You could always move in with my folks. That's what we do whenever we're homeless. They have a tennis court and wireless internet.

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Steph H. said...

ahh . . . last chocolate brownie . . . Knotting Hill. I'd watch that right now if it weren't packed.

7:59 PM  
Blogger beegracious said...

I'd send you my copy of Knotting Hill if you knew where your mail would end up! Sorry to hear this...hope God provides an even better direction for you.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I know its only been a week and a half since this happened, but where are you now? Amanda and I are jonezin to know. House back on the market? Unpacked? Just curious to know what we should be praying for.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home